Luxury Peru Holidays
Explore South America’s third-largest country on a luxury holiday to Peru. Those with a passion for adventure will find their calling in this vast playground where action and excitement await, whilst visitors who seek history and natural beauty will discover plenty to enjoy too.
ANCIENT CULTURAL SITES, AMAZONIAN BEAUTY, AND MOUNTAIN PEAKS
A multicultural destination with many hidden surprises – Peru is waiting to welcome you. Peru is home to 12 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including one of the world’s most famous archaeological sites, Machu Picchu. Dating back to the 15th century, the Inca citadel sits high in the Andes Mountains and offers awe-inspiring views across the sacred Urubamba River Valley. Exploring this ancient wonder will transport you back in time and leave you with memories to last for years to come – it is an absolute must-do on any Peruvian itinerary.
Quench your thirst for adventure with a walk through the Amazon rainforest canopy in stunning Madre de Dios, or embark on a horseback riding experience in the deep Colca Canyon under the watchful gaze of the condor that sweep across the skies above you. Kayaking, mountain biking and hiking tours can be enjoyed across Peru’s expansive lakes, rainforests and Andean peaks, there is an adventure waiting around every corner!
But Peru isn’t just about high-octane action! The less energetic with a taste for exclusivity might prefer a luxury cruise along the Amazonian River. Enjoy first-class comfort and service as you sail serenely into the lush rainforest and enjoy views of the magnificent Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
Sample Peruvian city culture with a visit to the capital of Lima where we recommend a spot of people watching over a cup of the rich and punchy local coffee, and a tour of the stunning local architecture.
Top 5 things to do in Peru
- Take in the ancient wonders of Machu Picchu.
- Walk beneath the Amazonian rainforest canopy with an expert local guide.
- Spot sea lions, Humboldt Penguins and native flamingos on a luxury yacht cruise around the tranquil bay of Paracas.
- Spot condors on a trek across the Colca Canyon.
- Shop until you drop and explore the handcraft markets of Lima.
Top 5 facts about Peru
- Flights from the UK take approximately 12-13 hours
- The time difference between the UK and Peru is -5 hours.
- Peru is home to the largest flying bird in the world – the Giant Andean Condor.
- Peru has a sub-tropical climate with a rainy season between October and April.
- Spanish is the primary language of Peru but there are actually 16 languages spoken across the country.
12 hours 35 minutes
When To Visit
May – September