Welcome to Ecuador, a country small in size but vast in its offering. Your luxury holiday to Ecuador will introduce you to magnificent scenery, unforgettable adventures in the splendor of nature, and fascinating South American culture.
TOWERING MOUNTAINS, EXPANSIVE RAINFOREST, AND GLORIOUS GALAPAGOS ADVENTURES
Ecuador might be the second smallest country in South America but its appeal is incredible. Mother Nature is at her most wondrous here with opportunities to scale the Andean mountains and even trek across volcanic ranges. Follow trails through the aptly titled Avenue of the Volcanoes with its 8 dizzying peaks, including Cotopaxi - the world's tallest active volcano. Marvel at crystal clear volcanic lakes and dense forest landscapes before paying a visit to one of the quaint Andean mountain villages nearby to wander through a local artisan market and experience old-style Ecuadorean hospitality at its finest.
Take a ride aboard the iconic Devil's Nose Railway which twists and turns its way through the Andes. The scenery is breathtaking, as are some of the perilous drops you will peer into.
No visit to Ecuador is complete without a trek into the Amazon rainforest. Bio-diverse, awe-inspiring, and packed with rare and wonderful wildlife. This is eco-tourism at its finest, an unforgettable experience awaits.
Ecuador’s pacific coast is blessed with turquoise waters and unspoiled sands. You will feel close to paradise as you stroll along the idyllic shores and take in the beauty around you.
It’s impossible to speak of Ecuador without mentioning the Galápagos Islands. A relatively short 600 mile trip off the west coast of Ecuador will transport you to this unique group of islands, closer to rare wildlife than you could ever imagine. Get up close with the remarkably unfazed sea lions, giant tortoises, and penguins who make up just a few of the native species that inhabit the volcanic terrain of these isolated islands.
Ecuador is waiting to welcome you on an unbelievable adventure.
Top 5 facts about Ecuador
- Flights from the U.K. are approximately 13 hours and encompass at least one stop.
- The time difference between the U.K. and Ecuador is -5 hours (GMT).
- The warmest temperatures can be enjoyed between December and April.
- Ecuador means Equator in Spanish. The equator runs through the country, which is where it got its name!
- Ecuador is known as the orchid capital of the world. There are thought to be over 4000 species of orchid found there.
Top 5 things to do in Ecuador
- A once in a lifetime trip to the Galápagos Islands.
- Visit the quaint capital city of Quito. A UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for colonial architecture, charming public squares, and bustling artisan markets.
- Trek across Cotopaxi National Park to view the world's largest active volcano.
- Soak in the mineral-rich hot springs of Baños.
- Try white-water rafting or canoeing into the Amazon basin from the city of Tena.
29°C - 33 °C
When To Visit
All year round