Luxury Colombia Holidays
Explore undiscovered exotic beauty in colourful Latin American on a luxury holiday to Columbia. With its dramatic mountain peaks, idyllic beaches, and colonial architecture, Colombia offers a surprise at every turn, and we can’t wait to help you enjoy every single one.
TROPICAL RAINFORESTS, UNSPOILT COASTLINE AND CITIES FULL OF CHARACTER
Colombia is a relative newcomer to international tourism, but it has certainly caught on quickly. There is something to cater to every taste in Colombia. Delve into the local coffee culture with a tour of a plantation and learn how the grow and roast beans from native coffee farmers or wander the streets of the colourful cities like the capital of Bogotá with its kaleidoscope of colonial buildings and warm, welcoming locals.
There is no shortage of adventures to be had in Colombia either. Trek through dense natural rainforests, and scale towering mountains in the incredible Sierra Nevada of Santa Maria. Climb to the snowy peaks of Cristóbal Colón and Simón Bolívar and discover the beautiful hidden village of Minca with its scores of tropical birds and cascading waterfalls.
Colombia is bordered by two incredible coastlines – the dramatic Pacific coast holds an incredible opportunity to view the humpback whales who migrate here between July and November to give birth in the warmer waters. Take a boat trip with local guides from Nuquí and Bahía Solano to view the majestic creatures and the birth of their whale calves up close – a truly unforgettable experience.
Top 5 things to do in Colombia
- Scuba diving in the UNESCO protected waters around Providencia, often referred to as “The Sea of Seven Colours” due to its stunning coral reefs.
- Sample aromatic coffee and learn how it is grown on a tour of a coffee plantation.
- Visit The Lost City, an archaeological marvel thought to date back to 800 AD.
- Ride the Monserrate cable car to take in breath-taking views over the capital of Bogotá.
- Visit Cali, the ‘Salsa Capital’ of the world and lose yourself in Latin American beats at one of the famous street parties.
Top 5 facts about Colombia
- Flights from the UK to Colombia are available from most major airports and involve one-stop, taking approximately 13-14 hours.
- The climate and temperatures range drastically between Colombia’s regions. The Pacific and Caribbean regions enjoy temperatures above 24°C, while in Bogotá temperatures are cooler and can dip to 12°C.
- ‘Chocolat con queso’ is a Colombian breakfast favourite – the locals melt savoury cheese into a pot of hot chocolate to drink, apparently, it is delicious!
- The official language of Colombia is Spanish.
- Colombia produces about 12% of the World’s coffee and in 2011, UNESCO declared the ‘Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia’ a World Heritage Site!
12°C - 24°C
When to Visit
All year round